Case Studies: Food

Banza

The Before

Banza had always been focused on in-store purchases. They wanted to jump start their e-commerce store as well as determine key benchmarks for new customer acquisition online. Their pixel was immature, and the conversion rate on their site was initially very low. So we had to get creative!

What We Did
Facebook Ads:
  1. Developed fun videos & carousels with core messaging
  2. Used past Shopify & Amazon data as well as IG following to create core
    target audiences
  3. Created streamlined funnels with Instant Experience ads to increase
    site conversion rate
  4. Heavily tested creatives focusing on different shapes and products
    (Over 30 in 30 days)
  5.  Heavily tested audiences (Over 30 within 30 days)
Google Ads :
  1. Restructured account by keyword themes & match types
  2. Forced bids up with negative match from each level to increase
    impression share
  3. Reduced # of keywords to 8 max per Ad Group to focus spend
  4. Increased bids to hit desired impression share % per match type
  5. Launched Google Smart Shopping
The Results

✓ Doubled FB|IG ROAS
✓ Increased Google ROAS 50%
✓ Outperformed average CPG click through rates by 85%

2X

Increased ROAS on FB|IG

2X

Increased Ad Spend

+50%

Increased ROAS on Google

+85%

Higher CTR’s than Industry Average

Smart Sweets

The Before

SmartSweets came to us from a prior agency with a need for better data transparency, faster creative refreshes, and further pushing of the boundaries of what was possible with new ideas and weekly tests. Retargeting traffic represented over 70% of their mix, so they were experiencing a roller coaster of performance with saturation.

What We Did
Facebook Ads:
  1. Launched cold conversion campaigns on both targeted lookalike
    audiences, interest audiences & general targeting. Though
    performance dropped significantly for around 3 weeks, by committing
    to replenishing the full funnel we saw a huge up-swing in performance
    into our second month.
  2. We branched out the retargeting audiences and controlled messaging
    so the same person was not seeing the same ads on both new eyeballs
    & retargeting.
Google Ads:
  1. Restructured account by keyword themes & match types
  2. Forced bids down with negative match from each level to increase
    performance over impression share
The Results

✓ Scaled Budgets 600% over 6 months
✓ Hit MoM ROAS Goals
✓ Outperformed average CPG click through rates by 2X
✓ Increased Google performance 3X

+600%

Increased Ad Spend

100%

Achieved All ROAS Goals

2X

Higher CTR’s than Industry Average

3X

Increased Google Performance

Mrs. Fields

The Before

Mrs. Fields came to us specifically for creative support throughout their holiday season. Their messaging had been very stagnant as well as their creative, having run mainly statics across the board.

What We Did
Creative & Messaging:
  1. Read through all their reviews we could find, both positive and
    negative on all social channels, retail sites (Costco), and Instagram with
    tags & hashtags.
  2. Developed messaging to speak to the users in the way they were
    speaking to the brand, portraying a deep LOVE for the cookies and the
    brand, as well as creativity in how people were consuming the
    products.
  3. Created a mix of videos, statics & carousels to be tested side by side
  4. Wrote messaging that moved away from the traditional discount
    language, with the goal of connecting with the users
The Results

✓ Hit double profitability goals on first-time purchasers from a ROAS
perspective on some new creatives
✓ Non-discount language creatives performed similarly or higher than
discount language creatives

+100%

Complete Creative Refresh

2X

Creative ROAS Performance

6

New Performing Creative Combinations

5X

Increased Ad Spend

Knead Love Bakeshop

The Before

Knead Love Bakeshop had just gotten off the ground when we came in to partner with them. They had plateaued on Facebook at around double the cost per sale they needed to be profitable. They had started with only interest targeting as they had not gathered data yet.

What We Did
Facebook Ads:
  1. Looked to see what events had populated in Events Manager
  2. Started running lookalikes off front-end metrics of site visitors, product
    page visitors and adds to cart
  3. Stair-stepped to lookalikes on purchasers
  4. While testing audiences, simultaneously developed and tested
    creatives consistently, refreshing at least once per week.
  5. Tested warm traffic upon seeing events were sufficiently populated
The Results

✓ Dropped the cost per sale in half within 3 weeks
✓ Scaled the budgets 3X while maintaining cost per sale goals
✓ Drove from 15% subscribe & savers whose revenue was additional to the above

-50%

Decreased CAC

3X

Increased Ad Spend

+15%

Increased Subscribers

2X

Increased ROAS